The University provides a student-centered comprehensive educational experience with technologically focused professional programs. The University’s undergraduate and graduate learning outcomes foster students’ intellectual development into knowledgeable professionals, critical thinkers, and ethical leaders. University faculty members have established the following undergraduate and graduate learning outcomes in the areas of discipline-specific knowledge, critical thinking, and leadership and ethics:
Undergraduate Learning Outcomes
- Knowledge in Discipline: LTU graduates will demonstrate a mastery of the knowledge base in their discipline and an expertise in solving practical and theoretical problems.
- Technology: LTU graduates will demonstrate the ability to apply advanced technologies to practical and theoretical problems in their disciplines.
- Sustainability: LTU graduates will demonstrate an awareness of sustainability concepts within their discipline and their impact on the social, economic, and environmental needs of individuals and communities.
- Communication: LTU graduates will demonstrate professional standards in written, oral and graphical communication by mastering the fundamentals of writing mechanics and integrating evidence and analysis within a coherent structure. In their oral communication, they will organize and deliver content with poise and articulation.
- Mathematics: LTU graduates will demonstrate their mastery of mathematics to solve real-world problems by isolating relevant factors, constructing abstract models, communicating precisely and reasoning logically.
- Reading: LTU graduates will demonstrate proficiency in reading and interpreting complex, intellectually challenging texts and evaluating their analytical architecture from an independent point of view.
- Scientific Analysis: LTU graduates will demonstrate critical thinking and apply analytical and problem-solving skills in scientific fields.
Leadership & Ethics
- Leadership: LTU graduates will demonstrate civic, team, and global leadership skills by identifying a personal leadership philosophy, exhibiting entrepreneurial skills, and becoming agents of positive change.
- Teamwork: LTU graduates will demonstrate team-building and collaboration skills by making decisions, building consensus, resolving conflicts, and evaluating team members‘ contributions.
- Professional Ethics: LTU graduates will demonstrate an understanding of the ethical issues related to their disciplines, the ethical codes adopted by relevant professional associations, and the social consequences of their ethical decisions.
Graduate Learning Outcomes
- LTU graduates will apply and, in accordance with their course of study, develop advanced knowledge within their discipline.
- LTU graduates will analyze and interpret information and implement decisions using the latest techniques and technologies.
- LTU graduates will evaluate scholarly literature and, in accordance with their course of study, contribute to the literature.
- LTU graduates will communicate effectively using written, oral, graphical, and digital formats.
Leadership & Ethics
- LTU graduates will develop a broad perspective on professional issues, such as lifelong learning, sustainability, leadership, and ethics.
Download Educational Goals document PDF